Proximi Recovery Eating Disorder Program (PREP)
A program of Lindner Center of HOPE Professional Associates
Preparing your adolescent and family for success in managing an eating disorder.
Parents of adolescents (ages 12-17) struggling with Anorexia Nervosa or Bulimia Nervosa are often on a difficult journey
as they attempt to care for their child. This journey can often cause parents to question their parenting and their ability
to successfully help their loved one. The Proximi Recovery Eating Disorder Program (PREP) is uniquely designed to meet
the daily needs of these struggling families through home, school and community assistance from a trained therapist.
Evidence-based research indicates that Family Based Therapy (Maudsley) is the most-effective first-line treatment for
adolescents fighting an eating disorder (EDO). This type of therapy works to keep the family unit together. PREP provides
committed families access to a therapist every day of the week to provide consultation, education, training and support
through a combination of office visits, phone calls and in-home and family meal sessions. This program will allow
the therapist to join the family as a consultant in the battle against the eating disorder, while empowering parents to
manage authentic situations that arise. This intensive 24-week program includes:
• Initial 2-hour evaluation
• Initial 1-hour nutrition assessment and meal planning with registered dietitian
• One 50-minute office-session per week with the therapist
• One 1.5-2 hours in-home mealtime session per week
• One 50-minute in-school or in-community mealtime session per week
• One daily phone consultation with parents ( 5 to 10 minutes a day, up to 60 minutes weekly)
• One 30-minute follow-up registered dietitian session per month (5 sessions total)
• As warranted, consultation/collaboration with all pertinent patient care providers
(ie primary care physician, psychiatrist, school personnel, dietitian, or other specialists)
• A protocol pamphlet and other education materials and assignments
• Pre and post testing to measure change
• Post program follow up sessions, three 30-minute sessions at 6, 12 and 18 months post –program
• Assistance in obtaining follow-up services in traditional outpatient therapy, if needed
The Proximi Recovery Eating Disorder Program provides comprehensive EDO treatment that involves every core
component of the adolescent and family’s life. This private-pay program is intended to answer the quest for support from
those families feeling at a loss when their adolescent is discharged to home amidst a pattern of revolving doors between
admissions and discharges. With proper education and training, families can work together to prevent readmissions and
successfully manage the eating disorder in the home.
For more information or to schedule an initial evaluation, call Scott K. Bullock, MSW, LISW-S, CEDS, PREP Founder and Family Therapist at (513) 536-0724.
Click here to view Ch. 12 interview with Scott Bullock and patient.