Adolescent OCD Treatment at Williams House
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder treatment at the Williams House is a specialized, residential OCD treatment program for adolescents (11-18 years) located at the Lindner Center of HOPE. Every day, we empower teens with the knowledge and skills to overcome this condition. That’s why we have an excellent reputation for helping free adolescents from the grasp of OCD.
The impact of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) can be debilitating to adolescents and their families. That’s why getting your child the skills they need to manage their OCD can have a profoundly positive impact on the rest of their life. Here are some reasons why the specialized OCD treatment track stands out from other treatment options.
- Specialized care. OCD treatment at Williams House was developed by experienced OCD specialists. All of our staff members are trained in the treatment of OCD with ERP (Exposure and Response Prevention). The specialists serve as the core team, with a treatment team assigned to each teen that helps them work through their steps to reach goals.
- Comprehensive assessment. OCD symptoms are not always clear and sometimes may be masking other diagnoses. The team at Williams House can clarify diagnosis, evaluate treatment readiness and introduce ERP to both the teen and the teen’s family.
- Individualized treatment. Every situation, every condition and every teen we treat is different. That’s why we work hard to identify each patient’s OCD and related conditions and then organize a customized plan that addresses all the issues and works for them.
- Specialized for adolescents. Our clinicians are experienced in making the tasks of hierarchy completion and exposure/ response prevention rewarding and fun. We focus on creating a strong collaborative alliance that engages each adolescent so they feel good about their progress and reach their goals.
- Ideal environment. Williams House at Lindner Center of HOPE is located in a tranquil and therapeutic setting with single-occupancy patient rooms and 24-hour nursing care. Your teen will not only be with our specialized staff, but also a diverse group of other teens their age. This diversity more closely resembles a natural environment, which enhances preparedness for the return to a step-down level of care or home.
How we work
Our treatment track for OCD works with teens and their families to take progressive and proven steps to free themselves from the painful hold of OCD and other anxiety conditions. The duration of a patient’s stay is customized. The minimum stay is 14 days, although most stay 4 to 6 weeks. Here’s how our customized treatment plans work:
- If your adolescent does not have a complete diagnosis, we start with a comprehensive, diagnostic assessment.
- We begin treatment by developing a treatment hierarchy and establishing the patient’s completion goal.
- The program includes tailored, intensive treatment combining Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), medication treatment and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP).
- 3 hours of structured ERP daily, guided by staff members with intensive OCD and ERP training.
- We fully integrate exposure possibilities into many aspects of daily programming so your teen has continuous opportunities to practice ERP throughout the day.
- 5 additional hours of therapy daily.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) through integrated Williams House programming.
- Illness management and recovery groups.
- Patient and family education.
Not sure about your teen’s OCD diagnosis?
Adolescents suffering from OCD frequently have unwanted, intrusive thoughts that trigger extreme anxiety. These obsessive thoughts may center around germ contamination, harming someone else, or losing items. The thoughts drive them to engage in repeated behaviors such as touching, hoarding or mental rituals like internal counting or repetitive prayer.
Are you not sure if your teen suffers from OCD Use this screening now.
Families who come to the Lindner Center of HOPE have often tried other ways to resolve their child’s struggle with OCD. We offer a highly-focused, patient-centered program, in an integrated and residential format.
For families who may not have as much experience with OCD treatments, your work with the Williams House may begin with a Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment to:
- Clarify diagnosis (OCD symptoms are not always clear and sometimes may be masking other diagnoses).
- Evaluate treatment readiness
- Introduce Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Develop a treatment hierarchy
- Integrate Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Incorporate illness management and recovery groups
Our therapies, and your family’s education and dedication can help break the pattern of your adolescent’s OCD. Our excellent staff is here to answer your questions and help you get started. Understanding financial counselors can also help you determine payment arrangements.
There is HOPE. For help, call